The Lesley Beckman Library, named after the late LesleyBeckmann, in honour of Lesley’s dedication to the library over many years, is an extensive collection of over 2000 books, videos and magazines on all facets of embroidery, textiles and patchwork. This collection provides members with a wonderful resource for research and interest.
A small group of volunteers helps to develop the collection and keep the library in order. New resources are added to the collection each year through purchase and generous donations from members, friends of the Guild and publishers of books on embroidery and related fields.
The Guild currently subscribes to the following magazines:
- Antique Samplers and Needlework
- Australian Embroidery and Cross Stitch
- Embroidery UK
- Jill Oxton’s Cross Stitch
- Needlepoint Now
- Stitch UK
- Textile Fibre Forum
- Threads NZ
City Members may borrow 3 books, 1 video and 3 magazines for a period of two weeks.
Country Members may borrow 3 books, 1 video and 3 magazines for a period of four weeks. Country members are invited to write, phone the Guild rooms or send an email message to request the loan of library resources. Click here to contact the Guild.
A list of new library books added to the library since June 2011 can now be viewed on the Internet. Here is how to find the new books added to the Guild Library:
- Go to http://www.librarything.com/catalog/embroidery
- Click on List to get a list of all books
- Click on Covers to get a page of book covers
- Click on Tags to get a list of books on different subjects
- Click on Authors to get a list of books by Author
- For individual books click on the torn page icon on the right, which is a detail page, scroll down to Comments to get the Call number/Dewey number.