- This event has passed.
Sunday, April 9, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
Don’t spoil your beautiful embroidery with poor finishing! Learn how to transform your worked piece into perfectly styled cushions, exquisite needle cases and so on.
This class, one of the units in the Guild’s Essential Embroidery Skills course, is based around four projects: three small bags and a mystery item. Topics covered include:
- fitting zippers (after this class, you will find yourself tempted to include them in almost everything you make!)
- making and inserting your own piping
- knowing when to use interfacing or stabiliser, and the best type to use
- discovering how to cut and join bias binding
- completing extra activities for those who finish all of the above in the time.
Tutor: Carolyn Foley
Cost: $60 (members); $80 (non-members)
Kit: A kit with all requirements (plus a printed booklet) available for $30.00.
You will need to bring your own sewing machine with operating manual and the usual sewing kit.
To register: Complete the class registration form on the Guild website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 3252 8629 for details.